Friday, June 29, 2012

L'Ambassadeur Exotique

This little cake proved to be somewhat of a pain to make. I'm writing this post a few weeks after the fact and my memory really isn't that great, so I'll keep this very brief.

The Ambassadeur Exotique is made with genoise cake, imbibed with syrup and filled with pastry cream and chunks of pineapple and orange supremes. Then it is all covered in italian meringue and speckled with almonds.

Today was the first time that we had to temper chocolate and mine actually turned out rather well. I had some difficulty cutting it into shapes, fumbling with it and melting half of the cooled chocolate with my fingers. We used a cocoa butter transfer sheet, which gave it the nice yellow designs.

Chef H didn't taste any of the cakes, so we could keep them for the long weekend. I'm so glad he didn't, because I used WAY too much syrup on the genoise and it all seemed a soggy mess. But we certainly enjoyed it at home. The orange supremes are particularly nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment