Sunday, February 5, 2012

Return of the Absentee Blogger

More than a year later, I am finally returning to the empty wasteland that is my blog... it's so dark in here. Is anyone there?


[silence]


Okay. So once again I will start fresh, roll up my sleeves and dig right in. So much has happened since the last blog posts. Although, that can't be surprising considering the time lapse. Unless I was a hermit. Close, but not quite.

Let me sum up 2011 in two: absolute crap. That may sound dramatic and I suppose most people can look at past years and gloss over some of the more unpleasant aspects... I'm gonna need a bit more distance from this biggie before I start to feel generous.

It started with the threat of a job demotion and big shake up at the workplace. Then news that, just as I've long suspected, I'm defective. Bits of drama here and there - some self-created, some not. More big changes at work and boatloads of stress. And worst of all, months of dieting and calorie-counting, dangerously devoid of baked-goods and sweets. But  there was one thing (and P of course) that kept me going throughout those long interminable months: the promise of an excess of butter and sugar and flour in 2012. For I am set on the path to culinary delights galore; starting in April, I'll be working towards a diploma in patisserie.

So stay tuned, for if the guilt of an empty blog is sufficient to lure me away from my oven, I shall have many more food-related posts to come, accompanied by many self-indulgent break-downs, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment