Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Douceur Chocolat & Tresor des Iles

Chef J last class with us was the Douceur Chocolat (a truly divine chocolate cake) and the Tresor des Iles. We only had to make the Douceur in practical class, which I unfortunately missed as I wasn't feeling well. I'll include some pictures of what Chef J made, at least.

The Douceur Chocolat is a hazelnut dacquoise with a layer of praline crisp, covered in milk chocolate mousse with a disc of milk chocolate inside. The whole is glazed in dark chocolate and decorated with white chocolate squares. Unfortunately, the demo was running a bit late so Chef J had to glaze the cake when the glaze was still too warm so a lot of it just fell off the sides.


The Tresor des Iles is a nice tropical cake with layers of chiboust cream and strawberry mousse. Reminds me quite a bit of the Pacific cake.

I thought Chef J's plated Tresor was really cool. A very simple design but beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment