Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Buche de Noel & Chocolate Souffle

I hate to say this but I was really not in the mood to be back in school so soon. The month of September just flew by in a whirl of wedding and family chaos. And I certainly wasn't feeling especially inspired today. Our demo class didn't end until late last night so I didn't have time to prep the design of anything. I didn't decide on the Buche de Noel decorations until the very last minute.

The Buche de Noel is a thin layer of dacquoise topped with chocolate mousse and a chiboust cream insert, all enrobed in a layer of dark chocolate glaze and decorated with dark chocolate, meringue and more chocolate mousse.

My plated dessert is a little boring. I will definitely take the time for future classes to plan my plated dessert ahead of time. The stress of trying to throw it together in the midst of organizing and managing everything else is way too much.


The other aspect of today's workshop was chocolate souffle and vanilla ice cream. We shared the duties of making the souffle and ice cream among three people and it all went pretty well. The end result was delicious! My biggest mistake here was that I missed that spot of chocolate souffle before baking. After baking it's pretty much impossible to remove.


No comments:

Post a Comment