Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies


Next up on my to do list from the Flour cookbook was chocolate hazelnut cookies. If there's any flavour combination I love more than chocolate and hazelnut, I've yet to find it. I knew that I would love these cookies before I even started. The recipe is filled with hazelnuts, both ground and chopped, so every bite is filled with the rich, nutty flavour. Yum!

I cheated a little bit with this recipe and changed a few things. You're supposed to grind the half cup of toasted hazelnuts yourself, but as I already had a bag of ground hazelnuts on hand, I saved myself the trouble of having to clean my bulky food processor. I substituted dark chocolate for the milk chocolate, because I find sometimes that milk chocolate can be too sweet. I also scaled down the size of the cookies considerably because I wanted to share with the office. So instead of making only 20 cookies, I made more like 48.

The taste of these is absolutely divine. Just the perfect amount of chocolate and hazelnut flavour. The weirdest thing, though. I usually prefer my cookies hot out of the oven, but not these ones. The hazelnut flavour only really stands out once they've fully cooled. This recipe is definitely going to be a part of my regular treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment